¡Hola! (spanish for hello!)
In 2007 Christian Surfers International commenced the first stages of establishing a Christian Surfers mission in Mexico.
The preliminary work has been done in recent years and now the first workers are based in Puerto Escondido.
Some original possibilities/ideas have been documented and were implemented so that the Mexican surfing community could be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Surfistas Cristianos Mexico ministry officially commenced in 2007 in the famous surfing community of Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca.
The main surf beach is called Zicatela and the break is often referred to as “the mexican pipeline” – or mexpipe.
Christian Surfers International
Since the late 70’s this mission has been reaching out to surfers. CSI became an international mission agency in 1999. The following explains who CSI is.
To be a Christian presence and witness to the world surfing community.
- Evangelisation of the surfing communities of the world
- Serving the local church world wide by providing a bridge between the church and the beach
- Networking Christian Surfers missions world wide and thus providing a mission niche for surfers
CS Mexico Projects
In all ministries done in Puerto Escondido, these things are keys to being effective.
- Make friends & change the world
- Live out Jesus through words & actions
- Pray without ceasing
- Speak the local language
- Facilitate the establishment of a CS Mexico ministry made up of nationals
Anyone involved in the CS Mexico ministry would be expected to hold to these values and plans.
If you would like to be involved in what Christian Surfers are doing in Mexico then please contact us.